The Pleasant View Historical Site was once the center of the African American community of Quince Orchard, MD. It continues to stand as a testament to our history – a memorial to our triumph – and we, as a community, must refuse to let it be forgotten.
On behalf of the Trustees of the Pleasant View Historical Association, thank you for your interest, your time, and your support. We are honored by your presence, and hope you are blessed by the experience.
Grace and Peace,
Gerard A. Green, Jr.,
Chairman of the Trustee Board
Our Mission is to...
To preserve, maintain, and protect this three-acre site to African American history and culture in order to educate present and future generations.
VISION: We will provide people with the lessons learned through education, faith, and traditions that make a strong community.
- To establish a multi-purpose center within the confines of the three-acre site.
- To collect, maintain and exhibit artifacts, memorabilia, and documents illustrative of the Quince Orchard community.
- To document memories through collections of oral and visual histories.
- To maintain research archives and library.
- To publish relevant literature.
- To develop and encourage educational and cultural programs relevant to the expressed needs of the community.